COMMISSIONED ART TO-DATE
I regularly accept custom/commissioned artwork requests. I am happy to talk with you and see if your photo can be turned into a lasting work of art!
- Subject matter: I prefer to paint and draw include: landscapes, botanicals, animals/wildlife, pet portraits and people portraits.
- Art Mediums: watercolor, oil, pastel and charcoal.
- Framing is not included. All prices reflect artwork only. Please inquire to request recommendations about framing shops or online DIY framing websites.
- Shipping/Delivery is included and FREE…up to 18×24″. Estimate will be given to ship larger artworks. Please consider Local customer pickup or in-person delivery or drop-off to your door. Artwork is still professionally wrapped and protected, but you can get your artwork more quickly and also save on packing materials used.
- Please submit the form on this page to request a commissioned art piece or to get your questions answered.
SIZES AND PRICING
- Click here to view/download: COMMISSIONED ART PRICING (opens printer-friendly PDF file).
ARTWORK FRAMING REQUIRMENTS
Framing is not included/provided in commissioned artwork. Framing will be an additional cost to you. Here is some information to help you decide what medium to order for your commissioned artwork:
- Watercolor, soft pastel, and charcoal art:
- Artwork is done on archival, acid-free, professional art paper
- Requires frame, glass (UV- resistant is recommended) and mat (acid-free is recommended)
- Dust cover is recommended
- Will fit in most frame types
- Oil painting on a traditional, gallery wrapped canvas: 1 3/8″ depth
- This is a quality, primed canvas wrapped arouond and stapled to real wood/pine structure
- Frame is optional: can be hung without a frame
- Will fit in a deeper frame or a “float” frame
- Canvas can be professional removed and re-stretched if needed in the future
- Oil painting on thin solid panel, 1/8″ depth
- This is a quality, primed canvas glued to a solid, stiff, 1/8″ panel or board
- Framing is required for proper display
- Will fit into almost any kind of frame
- Commissioned art requests are taken on a first-come, first serve basis: artwork requests that are paid first are started first.
- If there are no paid art requests in front of yours, artwork can usually be started within 1 week of full payment.
- Most artwork will be completed with in 2-4 weeks of start time. Then shipping/delivery/pickup will require additional time for you to receive the artwork. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please plan ahead when requesting artwork for a specific date or occasion. If you are on a time-crunch, consider purchasing a GIFT CARD, which can be applied to a future purchase of Commissioned Artwork.
- Client: Submission of reference photo(s) and artwork requirements:
- REFERENCE PHOTOS: Photos submitted for pet and human portraits need to be of high quality. Requests to add, change, or remove elements of the photo to the painting are generally not possible. If these requests are accepted by the artist, an estimate of additional cost to be paid upfront will provided to the buyer before proceeding.
- ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS: You can easily provide your artwork requirements by completing as many fields as applicable on the form provided on this page.
- Artist: Sketch to show layout/composition and client approval. One revision is included without add’l cost.
- Artist: Black and white “value study” and client approval. One revision is included without add’l cost.
- Artist: General “color scheme” selection and client approval. One revision is included without add’l cost.
- Artist: final artwork is presented (usually over email) and client approval. One revision is included (only revisions not conflicting with previous approvals) without add’l cost.
- Artwork is professional packaged and shipped, or personally delivered (if local within 15 miles), or picked up by client.
- Full payment of the artwork is required before the artist will begin creating the art.
- Payment plans can be accommodated upon request, upon discretion of the artist.
- Payments accepted: Cash, check, credit card, Venmo, Paypal.
- By default, full copyrights to commissioned artwork are not retained by the owner/purchaser of the commissioned artwork. The purchaser of the art owns the original artwork only, and they MAY NOT sell or give away digital or physical copies of the art.
- Copies of the artwork can be purchased from the artist.
- Artist retains rights to make copies of the original artwork and sell prints indefinitely.
- Please request an estimate from the artist if you wish to purchase a full copyright of the commissioned artwork, which will prevent artist from selling prints or digital copies of the artwork, and will allow you to sell or give away your own copies of the artwork.